Saturday, October 12, 2013

Change in Perspective

This blog used to be "My Entrepreneurship Diaries: Sharing stories because it's a marathon, not a sprint"

I believe that if you're going to be in entrepreneurship for the long haul, you're going to need to hear stories that help you along the way. It's a hard row to hoe (as granny would say) and you need to know you're not in it alone.

Lord knows, I've made more than enough mistakes about it for ALL of us. For examples, see here, here and here. I've been on the verge of quitting more times than I'd like to count, but there's something inside of me that keeps pushing me because my business isn't just what I do, it's a huge part of who I am.

A while back, I read a blog post by Blake Cavignac that discusses the scientific reasons as to why you should treat entrepreneurship like a sprint, not a marathon.

Now, I have a different perspective on the whole thing. Marathons can be tiresome and if you dont' approach them right, you will burn out long before the finish line.

Sometimes, a change in perspective is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment