Monday, December 16, 2013

Another Personality Test


I will be completely honest. I am a sucker for an accurate personality test.

I've expressed before that I think it's important for us to know who we are, why we do what we do and who we want to work with.

So, I was extremely happy when a friend of mine posted about another personality test today and I jumped at the chance to take it, which didn't take long.

I was a little concerned because there are only 4 questions and they group so many various things together, and then I'm to select which of the statements most sounds like me. The results were something that I haven't really thought about in a while.

Apparently, I am a Groundbreaking Thinker. Imagine that!

Groundbreaking Thinkers tackle changes consistently with their optimism and firm belief in their own abilities; they are always on the look-out for improvement possibilities.

This is a statement that really made feel something deep in my soul.

As a young child, I was the "I CAN DO IT" attitude, especially regarding things I've never done before. I'd see a kid on TV skateboarding and I would profess my aptitude for the sport, in spite of never having owned (or even seen in person) a skateboard. I approached most of life that way. As a result of my ambitious and groundbreaking thinking, I won my science fair by creating a model computer while everyone else was doing volcanos. I won my first writing competition by writing an autobiography in the 4th grade and in the 5th grade, I wrote a murder mystery.

But, as I reflect, I think I lost some of that along the way. Well, obviously not a large amount because of my results on the test. But, I mean I've lost my way in the application of being this personality type, not the theory.

Now that I know this, I think it's going on the top of my list of things to do for 2014 - Rediscover my inner Groundbreaking Thinker.

If you take the test, I'd love to hear about your results & thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment