Thursday, January 30, 2014

30 Things I Love About Myself


This year, I'm focusing on the Law of Attraction.

Believe in it, don't believe in it, whatever your choice, I'm not really trying to debate that point with you. The basic premise of it is this - Thoughts become things.

Plain and simple.

I'm currently reading "Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction" and I must say, it's a GREAT read! I plan to finish it before the end of the month.

In the book, there are all these stories of LOA at work in various people's lives and during one particular story, there is a reference to another book, Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn.

In that book, you are asked to write down 30 things that you LOVE about yourself and over a 30 day period, you're to focus on one thing off the list.

I've been telling my friends and challenging them to write their 30 things down. I have almost 40, which is pretty amazing/cool.

When you start thinking about the positive things about yourself, it helps you draw attention away from the negative things and that's what we're aiming for here.

The goal is to fill your mind with great thoughts on a daily basis.

In the book, the storyteller has "I love my hair" as the first thing on her list and I'll admit, I totally jacked that one because I, too, think I have some great hair!

My challenge to you is to try and complete your list of 30 things before Saturday, February 1st so that we can start this little journey together.

If you don't have a whole list by Saturday, that's cool - get as many as you can down and as the time progresses, you will probably have great things to continue to add to your list.

If you write all 30 things down and on day 2, you can't remember what you wrote, go back to whatever you wrote and mentally repeated on day 1. It's ALL good!

Some of the other things from my list include:

  • I love my capacity to love
  • I love that I'm outgoing
  • I love that I'm a survivor
  • I love that I'm honest
  • I love my sense of humor
  • I love that I'm always willing to help
  • I love being a risk-taker
Maybe those can help get your juices flowing. There are other people's lists out there on the internet that you can probably gain ideas from as well.

If you so choose, please, share some of what's on your list in the comments. It may help others.





No comments:

Post a Comment